Tuesday 11 June 2019

Slender Journal For White Rose Crafts DT


Good morning friends, Kim here with my next DT project for White Rose Crafts
I was inspired by a video I saw by Creative Cafe Girl on Youtube, and also by a video by Roxycar11 on Youtube. They both were themselves inspired by a magazine article which featured this style of journal, and I wanted to give it a try too.


I am using the Art of Nature paper by Scrapberry for the base of my journal. The pages are 9 x 4 inches so very long and slender. I used some tea dyed sari silk to bind my pages together.


Once the pages were together, it was time to decorate. The Art of Nature paper from Scrapberry is so fun and pretty, it was a pleasure to decorate this journal!


The paper has lots of cut outs to use for journaling cards and sentiments.


I added some of the Tim Holtz paper dolls, and some butterfly ephemera for the wings on my people.


Here is the journal spread out once all the pages were decorated. 


I created an extra little note pad to journal in out of some coffee dyed paper and a piece of left over 
scrap paper from the collection. It is tucked in behind the two ladies for easy removal.


You also have the reverse side to decorate as well. I used some of the amazing laces in the WRC store to add some shabby chic touches to the pages.



All of my sentiments and embellishments got a coating of Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink to make 
them look more vintage.




I had so much fun making this slender journal, I hope you will give it a try too!
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have found some inspiration here.


1 comment:

  1. Great idea.Beautiful paper, journaling cards and trims. Love it Kim!! Tfs ♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete