Wednesday 30 July 2014

Mixed Media Art Journal A Gina's Designs DT Project

Hi Crafty Friends! Today I would like to share with you one of the new items coming very soon to Gina's Store. This is the new Art Journal, and I just love it!  I have always wanted to start an art journal and this was my excuse to give it a try.

 The Art Journal comes with 4 dividers, and some chipboard pages for you to get started. I have covered the divider pages with some random papers from my stash, which will each get some work done on them over time. I plan on using this book quite a lot! 
I really wanted it to represent me and my style, so I chose to do a lot of texture on the front and back covers and used tons of Gina's items on it.
First I layered on various chipboard pieces then I painted them over with gesso. Then used Shimmerz Sprays, Texturez and Paints on them to give them sparkle and nice color tones.









 Back of the Art Journal
 Inside of Art Journal



 Top View



 I got out some of my air dry clay and rolled out a rectangle and then used my stamp that says "create art", and made an impression in the clay for a focal point in the center of the journal. I used some black stayzon ink to make it pop out in the middle while just keeping to softer tones around the outside of it.
Below here you can see a close up of the texture, I have used some crushed up seashells I got in the nail art section on Ebay to add further texture. I just added them with a bit of glossy accents and they stuck down great.




I hope this will inspire you to keep an art journal of your own!
Thanks for stopping by today.

Gina's Designs Items Used
 Art Journal (Coming SOON!)

Other Items Used
Wild Orchid Crafts
Creative Air Dry Clay
Dark Room Door "Create Art" Stamp
Crushed Sea Shell Nail Art Decorations
Gesso
Various Papers from my Stash
White Seam Binding
Stazon Ink Black









 

No comments:

Post a Comment