Tuesday 27 November 2018

Make A Wish Mixed Media Box White Rose Crafts DT


Good morning everyone, Kim here with my next DT project for White Rose Crafts
But, first a little announcement!
 Run over and check out all the amazing Your Next Stamp goodies in the White Rose Store and get your 10% off discount.

Now, on to my project.  With Christmas coming, I have been super busy creating goodies to give to friends and relatives. I started off my box with the Lemoncraft paper called Christmas Carols
I used the 12 x 12 paper and scored in at 2 inches and snipped the corners to fold the top. I repeated the process for the bottom of the box as well, but scored it at 1 3/4 and snipped the corners so they would fold.  

The paper has a beautiful music theme on the top of it which I loved but I wanted to shabby it up a little and added a bit of gesso and used the Distress Oxide in Tumbled Glass to give it a lovely blue hue.



Once that was done I used the Couture Creations stencil called "Be Merry" and some texture paste. While the paste was wet, I added some shabby blue embossing powder and some blue glitter and heat set it. Now the stars look so pretty and glittery! You can also see the little Dress it up Unicorn Baubles in the top left corner,  peeking out from the Recollections Flowers I used to decorate the corner of the box. I also added one of the Dress It Up Snowflake buttons just above the sentiment as well.


I framed the box with some soft laces from my stash around the edges.


I used the Couture Creations layered snow flake die, and embossed the snowflakes with the same embossing powder and topped them off with a rhinestone for some really amazing shine and glitter!


Lastly, I used the Altair Art butterflies ephemera sheet, which I cut out from  and glued them down. A finishing touch was the Crystal glitter glue from Dovecraft, it really brought the butterflies to life.
As you can see I used a ton of amazing items from the White Rose Craft Store! 

I hope you like my project I have shared today and found some inspiration here !
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment