Sunday 11 November 2018

Fairy Nice Tags for White Rose Crafts Design Team


Good morning everyone, Kim here with my next DT project for White Rose Crafts. This time I have created some fun mixed media tags!


These tags are really fun to make and with all the great items from White Rose Crafts,  these tags are a super quick and easy project!


I started off with the 6 x 6 Paintable paper from Prima and cut out my tag shapes.


Next, I used my Distress Oxide in Tumbled Glass and Distress Ink in a darker blue colour for contrast. I smooshed them onto my craft pad and spritzed them with water so the paintable paper would pick up on the inks and give a lovely water colour effect on the tag.


I heat set the colours and then used the Gathered Twigs Distress Ink around the edges of the tag to give them a vintage feel.


The next step was to tear up some paper, I used the Victorian Kitchen 2 paper as I loved the soft muted colours in it and decopaged the paper to the tags.  I also added some drywall tape as well, as I love it for mixed media and it adds some great texture.


Now its time to work on the ephemera. I am using some butterflies and Tim Holtz dolls from my stash and edging them in more of the gathered twigs Distress Ink.




I did some scribbles on the background for some extra fun.


I added some distressed twine around the tag for texture.


 Now its time to add my ephemera to the tag. I also used some Dovecraft glitter glue to the wings and the dolls to give them some sparkle!







I hope you like my project today and have found some inspiration here!
Thanks for stopping by.


Other Items Used
Twine
Tim Holtz Paper Dolls
Butterfly Ephemera
Tim Holtz Words
Drywall Tape


No comments:

Post a Comment