Tuesday 8 January 2019

Mini Art Journal White Rose Crafts DT



Good morning Rosies! Kim here with my next DT project for White Rose Crafts.
This time I have created a fun mini art journal!
You are going to be seeing me use this little journal over the coming weeks as I create some fun art pages in it using more White Rose Crafts items, I can't wait!

The first step to making this journal is to gather up all my little bits and pieces I have left over from all my other White Rose Crafts projects.  I keep all my scraps in a bin when I am finished a project, and this is such a great way to use them up.


Once I have decided what I am going to use, I stack them on top of each other, remembering not to use too many as I wanted to sew down the centre of the papers on my sewing machine so they would be attached to each other.


Once I sewed all the papers together, I used a couple of pieces of Lemoncraft Yesterday Ephemera for my cover of my little journal. I used black thread on my journal to make it stand out and used a zig zag pattern as well for some fun.
I stacked two of the ephemera pieces together and added some sparkly blue tulle in between the cards for texture.


Once that was done, it was time to work on the cover for the journal. I used some fun material from my stash, and ended up making the journal 5 x 7 inches. This is a great size for a small journal as it can fit inside a purse and you can take it anywhere with you.


Once the cover was complete, I sewed in the paper stack by just doing another stitch down the middle of the paper and cover. Don't forget to back stitch so you have a good locking stitch and your journal won't come apart.


I attached some more of the fabric to the side of the journal for a closure.


Here you can see the inside of the completed journal.



I hope you like my little journal. I will be working on this journal over the next month and creating some art inside it to share with you all! So stay tuned for some fun White Rose Craft art journal pages from me. I have a complete list of the paper scraps I used for my journal below for you. 
I hope you will make one of these fun little journals for yourself with all your White Rose Crafts goodies and scraps!
Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope you have found some inspiration here.

Prima Tales of You and Me Watercolour Paper (Sold Out)


No comments:

Post a Comment