Tuesday 22 January 2019

Mixed Media ATC's Using Distress Oxides & Water White Rose Crafts DT


Good morning friends, Kim here with my next DT project for White Rose Crafts. This week the team are working with the water activated inks that WRC has in stock. I chose to use my favorite Distress Oxides for my ATC's.


I started off with some Paintable paper from The Tales of You and Me collection by Prima, and cut the paper down to ATC size, which is 2.5 inches x 3.5 inches. This particular paper pad is sold out in the WRC store, but they do have the Salvage District Paintable paper in stock and that would work for this project.


Now on to the Oxides! I used several colours, but started off with the Evergreen Bough. I smeared some on my craft mat and then activated it with water. I then took my atc and ran it thru the activated ink and the pattern on the paper appeared like magic!


This is just one way to activate the Distress Oxides with water, the second way is to go direct to paper with your ink. I did that below with my other colours Dried Marigold....


Peacock Feathers, and also I used Victorian Velvet. All can be found in the WRC Store!


Here is the result on the paper of all 4 of my ATC's.


Now its time to activate them with the water. I am using a spritzer bottle from my local dollar store for this. It has a nice fine mist on it, so I get good coverage with the water.


Here is the result once it is dry.



Now on to some background stamping using the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Stamp set called French Market.



To add embellishments to my ATC's I am using the Kaisercraft wood flourishes and also the Melissa Francis resin key embellishments. I gave them all a coat of white paint.


Now its time to put them all together. I added some lace to the background for some fun texture, my embellishments and also a Tim Holtz small talk phrase to finish them off.


I also added some Recollections flowers and some Dress It Up button embellishments for some fun.





I hope you have enjoyed my project today and will check out all the White Rose Crafts items in the shop!
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have found some inspiration here.

Tales of You and Me Paintable Paper (sold out)
Victorian Velvet
Evergreen Bough
Dried Marigold
Peacock Feathers


No comments:

Post a Comment