Friday 11 January 2019

Follow Your Heart Mixed Media Bird House Featuring DecoArt



Good morning friends, Kim here today with a fun project for Deco Art! I purchased this wooden bird house at my local dollar store and I really loved the scroll work on the front of it. I knew immediately that it would be altered with lots of amazing products from DecoArt!


I started off with the DecoArt Media gesso and gave the house an all over coat with that. Next, I used the Americana Decor Chalky Finish in Lace over the top of the gesso. 


Now it was time to get out some my my napkins I had in my stash. The DecoArt Decoupage Matte Medium is perfect for this and really worked a treat for sticking down the napkins.  The Matte Medium gives a lovely finish and I don't have to worry about my napkin coming up off the birdhouse either.


Once the napkin was dry, I got out the Americiana Decor Crackle medium. I wanted the roof and the front of the bird house to have an old and weathered look.  I applied a good even coat and left it to dry naturally over night.


Now it is time for the magic to happen! Once the crackle was dry, I used my Americana Paint in Blush Pink to go over the crackle.


Remember to only go in one direction and not to paint over the crackle medium several times. One good swipe with the brush will give you great cracks like you see in the photo above. I love how the roof came out!!


Now it was time to do the front of the bird house. For this I used Americana Paint in Antique White.
The same rules apply as they did for the roof. Don't over paint with your brush, go in one direction and let the crackle work its magic.


I also gave the edges of the roof and the front of the bird house a light sanding when they were dry to add to the distressed look.


I added some wooden embellishments and flowers to the birdhouse for a finishing touch.


A little embossed wooden crown tops off the birdhouse!




I hope you will check out DecoArt.com and get yourself some of these amazing products!
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have found some inspiration here!

DecoArt Media Gesso
Americana Paint Blush Pink
Americana Paint Antique White
Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint Lace
Americana Decor Crackle Medium
DecoArt Decoupage Matte Medium




No comments:

Post a Comment