Tuesday 2 July 2019

Imagine Fairy Mixed Media Canvas White Rose Crafts DT


Good morning friends, Kim here with my next DT project for White Rose Crafts.
This time I have created a mixed media canvas using lots of lovely items from the WRC Store.

I started off with lots of sprays from my stash to give a lovely turquoise background to the canvas. I then used the Heart Stencil from Clear Scraps (sold out)  for some texture as well.


I embossed all the chipboard pieces from the Moon Fairy set, and I also added some crushed sea shells in a blue colour to the fairies dress to give it some texture.


I also added some cheesecloth to the background of the fairy moon, to give it more texture and dimension. I sprayed the cheesecloth the same turquoise as I used in the background.


I used the word Imagine from the chipboard dream word set and I embossed it in a white with a turquoise shimmer to pick up on the turquoise in the background.


A final touch was some of these amazing Tim Holtz mirrored stars. I really love these, and you get 24 in a pack from the WRC Store.


I also added some gold mica powder to the background so it would pick up on the gold in the moon and add more sparkle.



The stars really added that final touch of sparkle the canvas needed.


I hope you like my project and have found some inspiration here today.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Clear Scraps Heart Stencil (Sold Out)

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning project! Just love this bit of mixed media.

    ReplyDelete