Tuesday 28 July 2015

Card Making Fun with Lawn Fawn and Deep Red Stamps

 
Hi friends and happy Tuesday! Today I have some fun cards to share with you. I got out some Deep Red Stamps and my favorite Lawn Fawn Stamps and die set for these cards.
 
 
I started off with a 5 1/2 x 4 1/2'' card base in white. For my first card I have used the Lawn Fawn "sending hedgehugs" set. This is such a cute little set and you can get the dies to match the stamps.  I started off with some medium shade blue cardstock from DCWV, and I also cut my Lawn Fawn "hello" sentiment from the same colour to match. I die cut the word 3 times and then stacked them up on top of each other so it would have some good dimension.
 
 
I stamped the background with some Inkadinkadoo stamps in various shades of green to give a fun background for my little hedgehogs. I used inks from Colourbox and Simon Says Stamps inks for this.
 
Now it was time to stamp my little hedgehogs and then use the matching die cuts to cut them out. The hedgehug set comes with a tiny heart stamp and matching sentiment, which I used and popped up with some white fun foam. I coloured the hedgehogs with some of my Spectrum Noir markers and then I went over them with some white Wink of Stella glitter pen. The final touch was some glossy accents on top of the hello sentiment to give it some shimmer and shine.
 
 
Next up is my Deep Red rubber stamp Mason Jar card.  I love Deep Red Stamps, they always come out so nice and crisp.  For this card I decide to stamp out the image in clear Versamark Ink, and then I used some black embossing powder from Ranger over top.   I am also entering this card into the CropStop Card Challenge over on their blog.
 
http://cropstop.com/shop/
 

 
The paper in the background is one I have had in my stash for a while, and it was just waiting for the right project to be used. It has some fun dimension with the turquoise dots so I used that as a colour contrast for my little butterflies.  The butterflies themselves are a Recollections stamp set I got at Michaels ages ago, and I thought they were just the right size to flitter about in my jar. I embossed them as well with more of the Ranger Embossing powder in the Lime Green and I used some Recollections Turquoise embossing powder on the other ones.

 
For the Hello sentiment, I used a combination of silver (Ranger), Turquoise (Recollections) and Blue Sparkle (Wow!) embossing powders.  I layered on each colour, using my heat gun in between layers until I was happy with the result.  The final touch was some tiny little bling in blue to add more sparkle.
 
I hope you liked my post today, and will be inspired to make some cards for your family and friends.
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Ranger Embossing Powders
Recollection Embossing Powders and Stamps
Inkadinkadoo Stamps
ColourBox Inks
Simon Says Stamp Inks
Glossy Accents
Spectrum Noir Markers
Versamark Clear Ink
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment