Sunday 5 July 2015

Mixed Media Canvas Featuring ColourArte

 
 
Good morning friends!  I am very excited to share my project today. I am featuring the amazing products of ColourArte today. They have the most fun things, watercolours, sprays, artist pigments, glazes and more. I have used just a small sampling but the effect turned out great!
I have created a 9'' x 12'' mixed media canvas.  I think doing mixed media is really my first love!
 
 Here is what I have used to create my Canvas. I love the Radiant Rain sprays and Twinkling H2o's.. They are highly pigmented and have a fantastic shimmer to them. The Silks Acrylic Glazes have been a staple in my craft room for a long time as well, and are also a very versatile product.
 
 
I started my cavas off with some texture paste and one of my stencils. I love the large and small circles, and it set the tone for the feeling of my canvas. I used my Twinkling H2o's next. They are so fun to play with!  I used the watercolours and kind of rolled my brush around on the canvas with the colours, and patted colour here and there. Next, I used my water spritzer bottle and sprayed the watercolours and let them drip down the canvas. The colour collected in the texture paste and it really highlighted the dimension on the canvas.
 
 
 
Next, I used my Radiant Rain sprays in Sea Foam and Teal Zircon to add some more colour and texture. I then used a stamp with a similar circular pattern and stamped it in the back ground with some black ink.
Now its time to play with the chipboard! I used  various Twinkling H2o's and Silks Acrylic Glazes on the chipboard. In the first photo, I used my Teal Zircon H2o and also added some touches of African Jade and Moonbeam in the Silks.
 
 I did the same treatment on the feathers, but then added some Spiced Pumpkin and also Ginger Peach and Orange Peel Twinkling H2o's.  I did the same on the large pocket watch.
 
 
Now it is time to assemble my pieces!  I started off layering on the chipboard pieces, and stacking them on top of each other.
 
 
 I then added some fun embellishments, flowers and resin pieces.
 
 

 
 I had a great time making this piece! ColourArte goodies make being creative so much fun!
The Twinkling H2o's, Radiant Rain Sprays and Silks Acrylic Glazes made a huge difference to my canvas and I am so pleased with the outcome.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Check out the links below to all the ColourArte products, and of course see their BLOG for all the fun things going on, as well as their Facebook Page HERE
 
Thanks for stopping by! 
 

 
 
 
 
Other Items Used
Prima Resin and Metal Pieces
Petaloo Flowers
Prima Circle Stencil
Circle Stamp by Rubbermoon
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment