Thursday 6 October 2016

Dancing Queen Ballet Shoes A Shabby is Chic Boutique DT Project

Good morning friends, Kim here today with my next design team project for Shabby is Chic Boutique on Zibbet.  I am excited to share this project, as I have created some ballet shoes out of toilet tissue rolls. This is a fun and easy project anyone can do, so lets get started!
 
 
I cut down one roll, then another roll to add some length to the top and bottom of the shoe. After I added the length, I flattened out the roll and cut a long oval shape into the roll for the spot where her foot would go.  I used a combination of double sided tape and Beacon 3 in 1 glue to hold the shoe into place.
 
 
Once all the glue was dry, I used some vintage music paper for the inside and soles of the shoes. Then it was time to add some gorgeous SCB laces, trims and doodads to embellish the shoes.
 
 
I did give the shoes a coat of pink paint as well, then I layered on some of this gorgeous pink embroidered lace all over both of the shoes. I used some pink satin ribbon, millenary flowers and a tiny pearl heart to finish off the toe of the shoes.
 
 
I added one of the SCB cameos to the back of the shoe, which I added to a metal backing for dimension. I also used some of the cup chain from the shop, which I altered with pink alcohol ink from Ranger to colour coordinate it with the shoe.
 
 
I added some of the white heart lace to the bottom sole of the shoe to give it a nice finished edge.


 
 I also added some of the pink script ribbon for her shoe ties and also some of my favorite trim, the pink rose embroidered trim around the top of the shoe. You can also see inside the shoe in the photo above, where I added some flowers and doo dads from my stash peeking out in the heel area.
 

 

 
I added some of the SCB rhinestone and pearl trim to the top of the show as well, for a finishing touch. I am very happy with my ballet shoes, and as you can see they even stand up on their own too!
 


 
I do plan on making another pair of these, and will have a step by step tutorial in the near future for you!
 

 
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you will make a pair of these lovely shoes yourself.
Please check out all the gorgeous items in the Shabby is Chic Boutique store on Zibbet.
You can also find more info about this project on my blog
 



No comments:

Post a Comment