Friday 21 October 2016

Halloween ATC's Fernli Designs DT Project

Hello Fernli Designs fans! I have some fun Halloween ATC's to share with you today. 
I love Halloween, and doing ATC's are so much fun! Fernli has some great ATC products in their shop, so let's get started on how to make these!
 
 
I used the Fernli Designs ATC Frames Set for this project, and below you can see what the blank wood looks like before I decorated it. These are super sturdy and so fun to make.
 
 
For my first witchy gal, I painted her with gesso first, then added a layer of Prima clear crackle. I wanted all the ATC's to look worn and very distressed. Once the crackle was dry I added some silks acrylic glazes in some lovely fall colours to pick up on the grooves of the crackle.
 
 
I gave each of the ATC's a similar treatment, only varying the colours of paint slightly. I added several of the Tim Holtz metal pieces, his pieces work so well for Halloween.  The top ATC has a cut out of a moon that I printed off from the internet. All the images in the ATC's are from Google Free images, I love the vintage feel they add to these pieces.

 
I added some flowers to soften the look of the one above and another Halloween sentiment to it featuring some lovely black cats. I added some silver embossing powder to each of the ATC's as well, for some sparkle and shine!

 
For the lovely witchy lady above, I fussy cut out a broom, which was another free image I printed off, and added some flowers, cogs and a Tim Holtz skull and crossbones to the top.  I love this image of this pretty lady and her familiar cat sitting on top of her shoulder!

 
My final ATC is of this cheeky little witch hiding behind her garden gate. I love the look on her face!  I added more cut out images I printed off, a Tim Holtz number plate and a flower from my stash to finish it off.

 
I am really happy with these, and I am going to add them to my ATC Display Tray, which I have pictured below for you. Fernli Designs has a challenge in their Facebook group featuring these ATC Trays, which you can join in here:
 
 
 
Fernli Designs ATC Display Tray
 
 

 
I hope you have enjoyed my project today, and will also join in the ATC challenge in the Fernli Facebook group, its lots of fun!
Thanks for stopping by today!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment