Monday 10 October 2016

Fernli Witchy Tag DT Project for Fernli Designs

 
Hello Fernli Designs fans! Kim here today to share with you my next design team project for Fernli Designs. I am really in Halloween mode, and all the amazing products in the Fernli Shop, have helped me to get into the spirit!
 
This time I have created a giant tag/wall hanging for my door, so everyone knows a little witchy magic is afoot!
 
 
I started off with one of the 2mm Giant Tags. I love these tags so much, they are one of my favorite things to work with. I also got out some of the leaves from the Flower and Leaf mix set and the String Swirl. I also found a fun image of a lovely Victorian lady in some gorgeous autumn colours and also a little witchy hat for her to wear.
 
 
I took my paper pieces and glued them on to some black card stock to make them stand out more and give them some more stability. Once the glue was dry, I fussy cut out the ones I needed for this project.
 
 
 
Next, I put a coat of gesso on all the wooden pieces and once that was dry, started to layer on some paints in Autumn tones, like orange, bronze, copper and brown. I used a variety of paints from my stash for this.
 
 
Once the pieces had the desired colour to them, I got out some Silks Acrylic Glazes and give them a coat in a colour called Autumn Leaf. I did this on the tag as well.
 
 
Once the paint was dry on the tag, I got out some gold embossing powder, and sprinkled it on the tag and gently heat embossed it. This gave the tag a nice texture and sparkle.
 
 
Once I was finished with the embossing powder, I got out some vintage music paper and glued it down on top for even more texture.
 
 
Once the glue was dry, I got out more of my paints and did a dry brushing on top of the paper to make it look old and distressed. When that paint was dry, it was time to glue my witchy lady down. I put her on first, then placed the hat on her head.
 
 

I gave the String Swirl the same treatment as the tag, first a mixture of paints and then some of the gold embossing powder.
 
 

 
I then glued my sentiment on top of the swirl and added some trims to my tag as well.
 
 
I placed the leaves, some flowers from my stash and a distressed bottle cap on the left side of the tag for interest.
 
 
 
I added some brown seam binding to the top of the tag, and some gold trims to the side. This finished  off the piece nicely.
 
 
I hope you will give one of these giant tags a try. I love creating with them, and really the sky is the limit, you can put anything you like on them.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
 
 
Fernil Designs Products Used
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment