Monday, 10 October 2016

Fernli Witchy Tag DT Project for Fernli Designs

 
Hello Fernli Designs fans! Kim here today to share with you my next design team project for Fernli Designs. I am really in Halloween mode, and all the amazing products in the Fernli Shop, have helped me to get into the spirit!
 
This time I have created a giant tag/wall hanging for my door, so everyone knows a little witchy magic is afoot!
 
 
I started off with one of the 2mm Giant Tags. I love these tags so much, they are one of my favorite things to work with. I also got out some of the leaves from the Flower and Leaf mix set and the String Swirl. I also found a fun image of a lovely Victorian lady in some gorgeous autumn colours and also a little witchy hat for her to wear.
 
 
I took my paper pieces and glued them on to some black card stock to make them stand out more and give them some more stability. Once the glue was dry, I fussy cut out the ones I needed for this project.
 
 
 
Next, I put a coat of gesso on all the wooden pieces and once that was dry, started to layer on some paints in Autumn tones, like orange, bronze, copper and brown. I used a variety of paints from my stash for this.
 
 
Once the pieces had the desired colour to them, I got out some Silks Acrylic Glazes and give them a coat in a colour called Autumn Leaf. I did this on the tag as well.
 
 
Once the paint was dry on the tag, I got out some gold embossing powder, and sprinkled it on the tag and gently heat embossed it. This gave the tag a nice texture and sparkle.
 
 
Once I was finished with the embossing powder, I got out some vintage music paper and glued it down on top for even more texture.
 
 
Once the glue was dry, I got out more of my paints and did a dry brushing on top of the paper to make it look old and distressed. When that paint was dry, it was time to glue my witchy lady down. I put her on first, then placed the hat on her head.
 
 

I gave the String Swirl the same treatment as the tag, first a mixture of paints and then some of the gold embossing powder.
 
 

 
I then glued my sentiment on top of the swirl and added some trims to my tag as well.
 
 
I placed the leaves, some flowers from my stash and a distressed bottle cap on the left side of the tag for interest.
 
 
 
I added some brown seam binding to the top of the tag, and some gold trims to the side. This finished  off the piece nicely.
 
 
I hope you will give one of these giant tags a try. I love creating with them, and really the sky is the limit, you can put anything you like on them.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
 
 
Fernil Designs Products Used