Saturday 1 October 2016

Witchy Work Table A Fernli Designs DT Project

 
 Good morning Fernli Designs fans! I am so thrilled to be doing some more design team work for Fernli Designs. I love their products and this time I have made a fun and whimsical Witchy Work Table!
 
 
I have a lot of parts to this project, so lets get started!
I am using this wooden plaque from Fernli Designs as my table base. I am also using lots of scroll corners and flourishes. I will have a complete list of the items at the end of this post.
My first job was to paint everything black, as what other colour would a Witchy table be?
 

 
Once all the black paint was dry, I used some Prima clear crackle paste on top of the paint, and when that was dry, I went over it with some silver Gilder's Paste to pick up on the cracks and grooves in the wood.
 
 
I attached the corners type 5 and the curly swirl to the table to work as legs and they worked out perfectly! The table was even and stood up straight. These make perfect table legs.
 
 
Once the table was together, I set it aside for a bit, and began to work on my pieces that would go on the table. First up is the Witches hat. No Witch can be with out this! I used air dry clay to make the hat and the pumpkins for my table. It was easy to create the shapes, and I let them all dry over night to make sure they were sturdy enough to paint the next day.


 
I painted the hat black (of course) and added a twine braid and black flower to finish it off. I also added a bit of the silver Gilder's Paste to pick up on the cracks in the hat and make it feel a bit old and worn. 
 
For the pumpkins, I rolled them out into balls, added some lines for the grooves in the pumpkin and rolled out a stem and made some leaves.
 


 
When the pumpkins were dry, I painted them black and then dry brushed on some orange paint for the pumpkin and green for the stems and leaves. I am pretty happy with how they came out!
 



 
 
I needed to make a hat stand for my Witchy hat, so I cut a small dowel down and added some of the small Fernli corners. These corners were from a mixed bag of Fernli Goodies, and can be available upon request. These worked out great for a hat stand.
 
 
 
I glued the hat on to the stand and then glued the stand on to the table.
 
 
Next, I decided to make a Book of Shadows for my Witch. I created this mini book much the same way you would create a mini album.  I cut up some old book paper for the pages in the book, and added some hot glue to the outside of the book for a cob web effect, adding more of the silver Gilder's paste to make it look old. Some tiny moon and stars stickers and a date finished off the outside.
 

 
I added some cheesecloth, that I sprayed orange to give a spooky effect on the top of the table, and began to add the rest of my elements to the table.
I made a "crystal" ball out of a bottle cap, silver bead cap and large pearl. I used some Stickles all over the pearl to make it appear like it was shimmering.  For the black candles, I cut up a hot glue stick and heated up one end until I could make a glue string coming off of it, it make it look like the wick of the candle.
 

I glued down my finished pumpkins to the table, and rolled up more of the vintage book paper to look like scrolls.
 

 
I used the Decorative Panel 1 for the back of the table to hold up the book. I added a Tim Holtz Skeleton and gave him some spooky orange gems for eyes.
 
I also added a Prima Relics and Artifacts small doll to the table and gave it a bit of a creepy make over with green paint, red fangs, and yellow eyes.

 
My finishing touch was some spider webs. This was achieved with very slim glue strings using a hot glue gun. I ran the strings all over the table. Once the strings were dry, I used some Diamond Stickles from Ranger and ran a tiny bead of that over all the strings. This gave the faux webs a sparkly effect which I love!
 


I had so much fun with this project! I am so thrilled with how it came out!
 

I hope you have found some inspiration here today and will give a project like this a try.
Fernli Designs has tons of great items and you are only limited by your imagination.
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Small Fernli Corners (available upon request)


No comments:

Post a Comment