Friday 19 October 2018

Cheery Christmas Door Hangers White Rose Crafts DT


Good morning everyone, Kim here with my next design team project for White Rose Crafts!
It's Gearing up for Christmas week at White Rose and they have a special offer this week of
15% OFF everything in the Christmas Shop section of the store. Now that's a bargain!!
Use The Code: CHRISTMAS IS COMING at the checkout!


So, lets get to my projects!  I am entering a challenge on YouTube, which a friend of mine does each year.  We are challenged to make Christmas themed door hangers for her Mom's residence she lives in.  Its a fun challenge and lots of YouTuber's and Bloggers join in, to make Christmas a little brighter for the folks who live there.

First up is my Merry door hanger. I started off with both of my hangers using some sturdy cardboard. I covered this first hanger with the gorgeous Craft O'Clock paper called Brrr...Its Cold Outside. I love the blue and grey tones of this paper.



Once the paper was down, I got out the Momenta Deer Head with Fauna Stencil and some Aleen's Glitter Snow and added the deer and leaves pattern. I wanted the Deer to stand out so I left it white, but used some mica powders from my stash over the leaves and it gave the texture paste a lovely glow.


I added some metal snowflakes and trim from my stash, but also used the gorgeous Recollections Dimensional flower pack and the super cute Dress It up Holiday Cookie Cutters from White Rose for decoration.


Lastly, I added some white paint around the edges of the piece to give it a frosty look then added some fiber around the edges as well. I got out some old scrabble tiles and spelled out Merry for the top, and added some of the Dress It Up Snowflake Buttons from the store.


The second door hanger I made in gold, red and cream colours.  It was the same process to put it together,but this time I used the Craft Creations paper called Christmas Words for the background. 


I added some gold and cream trim and fibers and also used the American Crafts Ivory Glitter ribbon and another of the snowflake buttons in the center.


I then added a Tim Holtz Christmas word band and more of the pretty Recollections Flowers from the Flower Garden Pack as well for lots of colour.


In the center I added a paper doily, and a wooden snowflake which I embossed using the Ranger Holographic Embossing powder from the store. Once that was finished I added a number 25 to the middle and some of the Doodles Paper Playground Sparkle Blend in Candy Cane. Another pretty Recollection Flower topped it off.




Here they are side by side!


I had so much fun using lots of White Rose Crafts goodies and making these Door hangers for a great cause. 

You can check out all the items I used in the White Rose Crafts Store or check out their Blog for more info.

White Rose Crafts Products Used

Other Items Used
Cardboard
Hot Glue
White Paint
White Wool Fiber
Laces and Trims
Jingle Bells
Paper Doilies
Wooden Snowflake
Various Tim Holtz Items





No comments:

Post a Comment