Saturday 20 October 2018

Mixed Media Gift Boxes Featuring DecoArt


Good morning everyone, Kim here, and I am very excited to share my first project featuring DecoArt!


I was absolutely thrilled earlier this month to be accepted into the DecoArt Blogger Outreach program. DecoArt has some amazing products that I am so happy to be working with, and their support of artists is just amazing. So lets get on to my first project!


When I unboxed my package from DecoArt, all my items were packaged so neatly in some cardboard boxes. I immediately decided they needed to be altered!  With the holiday season nearly upon us, I decided to get a headstart and make these two boxes up. 


I started off the box with a coat of white gesso, then used some of the DecoArt Modelling Paste on the top and sides of the box.


The first box I painted with the DecoArt Dazzling Metallic Rose Gold. DecoArt has a huge selection of the Dazzling Metallics, which you can find HERE.


Once the box was painted, I added some clay molds I had previously made. I adhered them on to the box and then dry brushed more the the Dazzling Metallics Rose Gold, but then also used some of the Metallic Lustre as well. The metallic Lustre is great for getting in all the cracks and crevices of the clay molds, it really made them dazzle!


I added some micro beads, pearls and glitter glass for some extra sparkle to the box to finish it off.


My second box is similar, in that I used the paper clay molds but this time, decided to give it a more vintage feel.


I painted the box with the DecoArt Decor Chalky Finish in Linen.  I felt it needed a bit of a shine to it, so I then added a layer of DecoArt Metalllic Pearl Paint, which gave such a gorgeous shimmer to the box. Next, I placed some Tim Holtz tissue paper over the top to add some dimension.


I used the Americana Antique White paint, which I watered down and brushed over the tissue paper.


I then glued on the paper molds to the top of the box and the front.


Once the paper clay molds were in place, I added more of the watered down paint and dried it. The next layer was more of the Metallic Lustre in Rose Gold over the top of the molds to get into each of the grooves.


I kept layering on paint, then Metallic Lustre, and then a final coat of the Pearl Metallic paint over top.


I added some rhinestones for some sparkle as a finishing touch!


I am super happy with the effects of all the DecoArt products!  I am going to be filling these little boxes with some gifts for someone to find under the Christmas tree!
Check out all the DecoArt products at 

DecoArt Products Used
Americana Paint Antique White
Americana Paint Dazzling Metallics Rose Gold
DecoArt Metallic Pearl 
Metallic Lustre Rose Gold
DecoArt Chalky Finish Linen
DecoArt Modelling Paste


No comments:

Post a Comment