Sunday 21 October 2018

How To Create A Scripty Resist With Stamps & Distress Oxides White Rose Crafts DT



Good morning friends, Kim here with my next design team project for White Rose Crafts.
This week you get 20% OFF everything in the Kelly Creates section of the store. There are some gorgeous stamps in stock and now is the time to take advantage of this great discount! Use the code: GET SCRIPTY at the check out.

I have made a clean and simple card and envelope set with the Neenah A2 heavy weight card and envelope packs in the White Rose shop as my base for my card.
Next, I got out my Kelly Creates Quotes 1 stamp set and used some VersaMark clear ink and stamped my sentiments all around the card stock and then embossed them while the ink was wet with Vintage Pearl embossing powder.



I got out my Distress Oxides in Tumbled Glass and Shaded Lilac and went over the embossed sentiments, blending both colours together until I was happy with the result.


I decided I wanted to add a little Evergreen Bough as well, so ...I did! The Oxides are so beautiful and blend so well, using this technique with the embossing powder creates a great resist for the Oxides.


I heat set the Oxides and then buffed the embossed script with a clean cloth to make the embossed words stand out.  I wanted to activate the Oxides so I got out some spray in a pearl white from my stash, and spritzed over the top of the card. You do not have to use a spray, water works great on the oxides as well.


You can see the droplets in the photo below, it really gives the card a fun effect.


Now it was time to play with the Doodles Paper Playground Sparkle Blend mix called Vixen. I added lots of sparkle to my card with them and used some Glossy Accents  to adhere them, which is available in the White Rose Store.


I really love this Sparkle blend mix, and the fun reindeer sequins!  I also stamped "Wish" and did the same resist technique on a small band for across the front of the card. I used the Shaded Lilac Distress Oxide for the background so it would stand out a bit from the background of the card.



I also decorated the envelope by blending the same colour of Oxides lightly around the edge and stamped the Wish sentiment from the Kelly Creates Quotes 1 stamp set, and finished it off with a few more pieces from the Vixen sparkle blend.



I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial today and have found some inspiration here!
Thank you for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment