Sunday 28 October 2018

Holiday Gift Tags White Rose Crafts DT Project



Good morning everyone, Kim here with a fun project featuring lots of embellishments from White Rose Crafts. This week the team is Embracing our Embellishmental Side! Which means you get $5 off when you spend $30 or more in the Embellishments section of the store (which includes a HUGE array of sub-sections). Use the Code: BLING IT UP at the check out.

This week I decided to create some whimsical gift tags for the upcoming holiday season. I cut out a star shape from some chipboard and covered it with some of the Pastel Chic paper from the White Rose Craft Store.



I covered both sides of the stars with the paper, and distressed the edges of the stars with my distress tool.


Once that was done, I got out some coordinating paints and went around the edges of the stars with the paint, so no plain chipboard would show.


Next, it was time to stamp on a sentiment. I used the Kelly Creates Quotes 1 Stamp Set for this, along with the Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide and also the Tattered Rose Distress Oxide.


Once I had stamped them on, I used some of the Vintage Pearl Embossing powder and embossed the words on the stars. The effect is quite subtle, but I like how it looks.


Now its time to play with the embellishments!  I first went around each of the stars with some wool fibers to make them look festive. After that was done, I got out some of the Recollections Flowers, I used two different sets, The Flower Garden and the Dimensional Paper Flowers in White.



I added some fun with some of the Tim Holtz paper dolls from my stash and then used some of my favorite embellishments from the store, the  Dress it up line!



I used the Dress it up snowflake buttons and mini cookie cutter set for these tags. 


Lastly, I added some Doodles Paper Playground Sparkle Blend pieces from the Vixen set to give the tags some glitter. I used Glossy Accents to adhere them down, which is available in the White Rose Shop.



I finished each of the star tags off with some ribbon from my stash. I left the back of the star blank, so a name for the gift can be added to it.


I hope you like my little star gift tags, and have found some inspiration here today!


Thanks so much for stopping by!


Other Items
Ribbon
Chipboard
Wool Fibers
Tim Holtz Paper Dolls
Americana Paints

No comments:

Post a Comment